Thread: 2022 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 09:14 AM   #39
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
This is Desmond Bane all over again. His value was all over the place. But people in the know or did any modicum of scouting knew he was good. Bane is a guard though which are valued higher in today's game. I think that's the main issue here. If Oscar was a guard, then he'd be a no-brainer first rounder.
True, but I always think back to when and how a guy like Draymond Green slips to the second round. Uber productive college players should be attractive to those teams in the late first round at a minimum. Those teams typically are already good and can draft need or immediate contribution, which is what I think Oscar would provide here. Sure, you can say Draymond perhaps changed the thinking for maybe the smaller (re: height) guys aren't as overlooked because of what they've proven they can do. In Draymond's argument, they could have looked as his length and ability to switch on defense as a base, not sure if he was as solid as a passer and really ball handler at times pushing the break.

Again, if I'm the Mavs, trying to draft upside in the 20+ range is a crapshoot at best. Take the floor guys with some wiggle room to the upside. Hell, I still think Oscar has a lot of untapped ability. There should be now way a guy of his caliber is a second round pick.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote