View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 11:30 PM   #51
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I think we’re collectively (I’m guilty of this as well) overvaluing Saddiq Bey. He’s basically putting up 12 points a game on 40 FG% / 38 3P% splits on a team without any aspirations. He’s third on the team in minutes per game, and the Pistons aren’t exactly getting motivated opponents.

Ultimately it will of course depend on Green’s work ethic, but Green comes with a pedigree and innate athleticism that you can’t teach. When he matches that with his hustle I fully understand why the FO took him at #18.
This exactly. Bey is a catch and shoot guy- which is hugely valuable. But he’s much nearer his ceiling than Green. Bey isn’t bendy for lack of a better term. He’s a stiffer athlete and slower of foot. I like Bey, watched him at Nova. Would’ve been happy if we had taken him. But I’m glad they took Green. Green with his strength and length will be switchable 1-4 on defense.

I don’t see Bey as a true #2 on a good team. Someone mentioned Middleton. But Middleton has much better handles, floor vision and can score at all 3 levels. I don’t see Bey suddenly developing that level floor vision/handles. In fact I’d say Green is already better in those than Bey. Bey is also a lacklustre rebounder; he wasn’t good in college either and that’s a skill that is reliably translatable. Green is already a plus rebounder I’d wager if you extrapolated his stats per-36 or whatever.

Last edited by mac222b; 05-05-2021 at 11:34 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote