Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 01:55 PM   #289
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
As far as JB goes, the money will be there whether it's Dallas or NY. The decision he has to make is whether he wants his "own" team.
I actually have the opposite take. I think it is just about the money. Nobody talks to Marc Stein about free agency options by accident. The people close to Brunson have an agenda. I think Brunson- through his people- is making it clear that if the Mavs want to keep him, they have to pony up. He's not taking a home team discount.

Because EVERYTHING we've heard about Brunson until that Stein report a couple of days ago indicated the exact opposite of this idea that he wanted to be "the Man" on a lesser team. We've heard over and over again that he's happy in Dallas, that he was telling his people around him that re-signing was a "done deal" and that really, really wants to win.

I think he is probably surprised just how hard the Knicks are coming after him, and understandably, is using that as leverage to get a better deal from the Mavs.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote