Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 12:09 PM   #300
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
That's ok. 30 per doesn't affect the team building whatsoever as we are over the cap either way. Just more luxury tax for Mark to pay and perhaps makes JB a little more difficult to move down the road? Maybe maybe not as a tradeable asset. If he continues to improve the 30 per wont be a big deal as the cap explodes over the next several years. Bottom line: JB walking with nothing in return would be almost as catastrophic as the selection of JG at #18 in 2020 and the failure to use all the salary available in the free agency period of 2019.
Yes, this is exactly why I don't care very much about Brunson being overpaid. Whether he makes 20 million or 30 million, it really doesn't make any difference to us. It's an odd thing that fans do, but we instinctively try to put ourselves in the shoes of the owners when it comes to player salaries, like "No, we can't pay him that much money!!" Like, why do we care? The Mavs are over the cap even without Brunson at all, so paying him an extra 10 million a year has no effect on our ability to build the roster. It makes me laugh when I see fans grumbling about paying Brunson a bunch of money. Like, do you personally care about Mark Cuban's bank balance??
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote