Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 09:27 AM   #317
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
If you're the Mavs hold out for Quickley... as of now the best path forward for all parties involved is a sign-and-trade (at least until the Knicks prove they can dump the remaining salary needed).

A S&T helps the Knicks avoid giving up assets to reduce salary, helps JB get the most possible money, and gives the Mavs something back. A lot of this will depend on whether JB is willing to play ball.
And I'm sure Brunson wants to do the Mavs right to get assets back.

I'd be good with Quickley, but I still think Burks fits better with Luka in the right now frame of mind. Both fit together, but I feel that Knicks wouldn't give up both.

Burks has the size, shooting, rebounding, and passing that makes a lot of sense. Add in Wood and Dragic, and it's really not the end of the world. And the rumor of getting Gary Payton II is nice as well.

I'm holding firm that Brunson doesn't turn down a fat Mavs offer though unless Stein or Woj says otherwise.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote