Thread: Paul Pierce
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2005, 03:23 AM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Paul Pierce

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Quote:
If Avery is telling the truth, he feels like Jason Terry is his guy at the point..
I think Johnson gets a chance to re-assess in the off-season.

His IN-season support of Terry as the team was trying to find its footing for a playoff run should not be taken as commmitting him to a player ill-suited to the PG position (JT) in favor of another player who is certain to need some developing (Harris).
I certainly wouldn't begrudge Johnson the chance to re-assess in the off-season. But he said in an off-season radio interview that Terry was the starter and that Harris was the full-time backup, and was a couple years away from filling the lead role. If that isn't what he is completely committed to, then perhaps he should leave himself a bit more wriggle room in the press.

I guess he could always say that Harris progressed faster than expected. But where does that leave him with Terry? He hasn't talked about Terry as the lesser of two evils, from what I have heard. He has talked about him as the main guy, the guy he is comfortable with, the guy they have invested a lot in as the starting point guard.

But then again, there's no guarantee Johnson will be coaching either one of those guys, come next year.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote