View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #50
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
I think the difference here is that I'm looking at the series as a whole, and you're taking it as a game by game basis.
Obviously, you're not looking at the series as a whole because you're deliberately ignoring games.

Quote:
But my main point is that if a 2-3-2 series ends in 5 games the team that's supposed to have home field advantage ends up playing less home games than the team that's supposed to be at a disadvantage NO MATTER WHO WINS, and that never happens in a 2-2-1-1-1 format.
So what? In any given scenario at any point during a series, there is a chance it goes to a Game Seven. Having this game at home will increase your overall chance to win the series; having it on the road will dampen it. You can try to ignore this game if the series ends before it gets that far. But remember that home field advantage is something won and lost over the course of a series (and is analyzed in terms of looking ahead to the rest of the games); it is not something that is gained only after the series is over.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 10-20-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote