View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 11:12 PM   #35
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefelump
Since you chose to make those comments in response to the Salvation Army link, are you trying to say those bell ringers at Wal Mart are there only in hopes of converting us all to their religion, so we can go ring bells too?

Sure, most churches hope to convert others, but that should not be presumed to be their only motivation when it comes to charity. If you're going to second guess the Salvation Army, who's slogan is Doing The Most Good, then what are you going to say the United Way's under-handed motive is?
I used to give those guys some change, but now that I have learned they are a religious organization, they won't be seeing any more money from me. I believe in helping my fellow man, not helping my resident wacko church and its churchgoers.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote