View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 04:43 AM   #1124
FromSloveniaWithLove

FromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
You're totally correct. I only follow the NBA, so I had never heard of Luka until the Mavericks traded for him. But as I said earlier in this thread, I've watched as much as I can find of him on youtube playing for Real Madrid and Team Slovenia, and I'm 100% convinced that anyone who didn't think he was a superstar didn't actually watch him. He was absolutely jaw-dropping. He was probably the greatest basketball prospect since Lebron, and yet we all thought he was just some decent player.

Some people might think this is extreme bias, but I think comparisons to Magic Johnson and Larry Bird are absolutely warranted. He's that level of all-time talent. I do not throw those comparisons around likely. Some people might scoff at that, but his personal statistics and accomplishments so far in his young career are absolutely comparable. I think he will end his career with multiple MVPs and multiple championships. I'm just crossing my fingers hoping it will happen with the Mavericks.

I think, that it is not visionary to say Luka will be a HOF if he is healthy.. I think it's visionary to say Luka won't be a HOF if he is healthy.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.. But based what he has accomplished so far.. Are there any HOF players who actually accomplished less in whole career than Luka did in just 2 years? What is the threshold to call him a HOF player?

Regarding comparisons here is my 2 cents:
It's okay when you are comparing numbers, style of play or sth like that.. But when you say Luka is the next Lebron .. I hate this so freaking much.. He's not the next Lebron.. He's the next Luka. Period.

But I don't completely disagree with Skip and Smith type of analytics before he was drafted.. Yes, we already knew he was great before he was drafted in NBA. And yes, we already knew he will be good in NBA. But no one (before his rookie year) knew how good he will actually became as an NBA player..

And now? Well.. We still don't know what his ceiling is... If he can get his 3pt percentage and FT percentage up.. And if he can be just a little bit better in defense in his prime years... Then I don't know.. We may just be looking someone who is better than MJ and Lebron ever was.

HOWEVER: If he stays in Dallas.. And if Cuban won't get him a championship contender team.. Then all this we are thinking of him - all videos, statistic analysis or whatever is for nothing..

If Luka stays in Dallas and if he does not become a champion multiple times, he will never become one of the all time greats.

So.. Cuban and Donnie.. No pressure.. I don't know.. I want him to stay in Dallas.. I want the Mavs to become champions.. But I (or we from Slovenia) would be devastated if he would stay just because of loyalty as Dirk did.. What do you think about that? Honestly..
FromSloveniaWithLove is offline   Reply With Quote