View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 06:08 AM   #1125
Dolencd

Dolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromSloveniaWithLove View Post
I think, that it is not visionary to say Luka will be a HOF if he is healthy.. I think it's visionary to say Luka won't be a HOF if he is healthy.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.. But based what he has accomplished so far.. Are there any HOF players who actually accomplished less in whole career than Luka did in just 2 years? What is the threshold to call him a HOF player?

Regarding comparisons here is my 2 cents:
It's okay when you are comparing numbers, style of play or sth like that.. But when you say Luka is the next Lebron .. I hate this so freaking much.. He's not the next Lebron.. He's the next Luka. Period.

But I don't completely disagree with Skip and Smith type of analytics before he was drafted.. Yes, we already knew he was great before he was drafted in NBA. And yes, we already knew he will be good in NBA. But no one (before his rookie year) knew how good he will actually became as an NBA player..

And now? Well.. We still don't know what his ceiling is... If he can get his 3pt percentage and FT percentage up.. And if he can be just a little bit better in defense in his prime years... Then I don't know.. We may just be looking someone who is better than MJ and Lebron ever was.

HOWEVER: If he stays in Dallas.. And if Cuban won't get him a championship contender team.. Then all this we are thinking of him - all videos, statistic analysis or whatever is for nothing..

If Luka stays in Dallas and if he does not become a champion multiple times, he will never become one of the all time greats.

So.. Cuban and Donnie.. No pressure.. I don't know.. I want him to stay in Dallas.. I want the Mavs to become champions.. But I (or we from Slovenia) would be devastated if he would stay just because of loyalty as Dirk did.. What do you think about that? Honestly..

I agree totally with both of you! Luka is his own man and will be amazing if nothing spectacularly bad happens.

There are 2 basketball halls of fame. One is The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame or more like NBA Hall of fame, and then there is FIBA Hall of fame. Fiba is the international basketball association, all national teams area part of that association. Euroleagues is, but NBA is not.

For the FIBA HoF I think he has done more than enough to get in. But for Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame I think he has a lot yet to accomplish since this HoF only looks at NBA accomplishments. And I don't know which count. He has like a dozen of youngest ever, second youngest in history types of accomplishments. But they probably don't count.
The ones that do are:
Rookie of the Year
All Star
Playoffs
All-NBA first team

I don't think that's enough for HoF.
Dolencd is offline   Reply With Quote