View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #486
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
What stats did you show that proved your point? If you could have shown me that we were losing and we were getting nowhere on the ground and had to put it in the air, I could understand..

We dont agree and that is the problem. If you did indeed agree that Romo was throwing like crap all night long, then you could clearly see we were winning because of Choice and the defense......The reason the score was as close was because of crappy throwing Romo, and the clincher was the INT for a TD...Plain and simple. Anything else is just hear say...
Silk, do you even know what we're talking about anymore? What was your point with posting the last two series of the game? Did you post it for the sake of posting? Please try explaining how those two series support your points.

As for this bewildering post, I first showed you the stat that EVERY Q4 run by Choice was 2 yards or less (not gonna net a first down). I then showed you the stat that while we lost the lead, Romo had no incomplete passes, 3 completed short passes, and 4 runs that went nowhere. That got us 2 punts and 10 Pittsburgh points. No hearsay...just a play-by-play transcript. Ball don't lie.

My theory is that all you want to talk about is the interception. It has consumed you mind, body and soul. While very sad, I too wish it hadn't happened. So I can empathize with your insane obsession. But your complaint/solution is "Why couldn't Romo have just managed the game like Delhomme did... hand the ball to Choice or worst case make short throws."

Fin and I repeatedly pointed out that, well, that's exactly what Romo did for the first two possessions of the Fourth Quarter. The result sucked. Worse than "losing" at the time we tried your solution, WE WERE WINNING. We pissed away the lead by flawlessly doing exactly what you called for. Hooray.

To summarize for you, my point is "your solution sucks because we tried it in game and we lost the lead." No, no no: nothing about Romo being the king of chokers vs. the king of kings. Just "your solution sucks."

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-10-2008 at 12:18 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote