View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 12:07 PM   #37
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
This was more like what the playoffs will look like on average from the Mavs. Unless Dinwiddie changes things. We know who we can count on and the most likely guys to dissappear. If the Clips didn't miss a ton of shots they could have blown us out.

Kleber is fucking unplayable at times. How does he still get lost and out of position on both ends? He's not ready and in position to shoot after pNr and seems disengaged in general at random.

JB had a good bounce back game.

DFS has to be more assertive. Good God 3pts and 2 rebs? That's straight garbage.

I'm not saying all of our playoff games will be more like this and not like when we are streaking and playing well but I'd bet the team tightens up except Luka and if we're lucky. Kleber is deer in headlights in those moments and that sht bothers me. I hate that we have to rely on him so heavily.
Found this to be spot on from that article I posted in the KP trade thread

Luka is surrounded, by all accounts, by nice guys. He enjoys going to the club with ⁠these dudes — Maxi Kleiber, Josh Green, and his bestie, Boban Marjanović. But these are guys no other team wants. Those fun teammate vibes will only get the Mavs and Dončić so far. If he is a generational talent, most believe him to be — failing to advance in the playoffs has already begun to eat at him.

The inability to get anything beyond a Porziņģis deal done proved that. Instead, the Mavericks are chock full of glorified role players who only look good playing next to a generational talent like Dončić. Half of them wouldn’t make an NBA roster elsewhere.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote