View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 03:57 PM   #1353
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Dorian is a decent defender. Nothing more, nothing less. Even if we disagree, it doesn't matter because we sucked before he left. He also provided little to nothing on offense.

The perimeter being too passive? Man, that's a pretty word for sucks. They stink at keeping their man remotely in front of them. Yes, clearly we don't have a shotblocker, or natural rebounder, so the whole thing falls apart. Perimeter issues are not just Luka. It's KY, Josh, Bullock, literally everyone.

If you can't defend basic PnR and Any screen causes massive scrambling chaos and the "bigs" are caught out of position, you have a flawed system. You can put Turner in DPs place and we will still have issues if we don't make adjustments.

If you don't already, please record the game tomorrow, rewind some of our defensive possessions and watch where we fall apart. I can't count the times I've watched in slo-mo, simple PnR at the top, the big and guard/wing poorly position themselves and its a layup. Otherwise we have Luka or Timmy especially sagging way down out of position to get back to their man in the corner yet still never in position to defend the roll. Top that off with most of our g/f standing around never looking for a guy to box out.

Top priority is clearly a Big as far as on court upgrades go, but it sure feels sketchy because you can't trust Kidd to manage the lineups and rotation. You definitely can't trust him to make adjustments and beat many other coaches at X and Os.
Please...we will disagree on DFS. I think you and DHWS are way off on the type of player DFS is and will continue to be. This year is all you guys are using for your argument and that's not remotely fair given the state of both teams he's played for this year. Let's just toss everything else we know about DFS out the window while we are at it.

DFS may have looked worse this year but that's on the team. You can seriously sit here and argue our defense has been better since he was traded? He was possibly the one holding it all together for all we know.

Perimeter passive, defense shit. Semantics. Bottom line is the PNR might appear to be easy to defend. Question, who defends the PNR best in NBA? Hell, night in and night out, we see Luka and Kyrie demolishing the PNR. Not sure anyone is...but if you want to dive into our guards, they tend to lazily bend around the top of the screens since they don't wanna be the guy to give up the three. That then sends the rest of the defense into the cover up, chicken with their heads cut off, type of scrambling Kyrie mentions. They need to regroup personnel and get back to switching more often as this league is riddled with guys who can pick a part defenses in the PNR.

No need to record, I watch every game. I'll see the same thing. But one thing we will be vastly apart on is your insinuation that this team and its defense would be the same if we swapped Powell with Turner. I just simply don't know how to respond to that...

Simple premise is when you have a guy like Turner, it creates a subset of thinking to the offense that there's a legit threat down low to help cover for these busts. Don't get me wrong, they can't continue at the rate, but it would be a better defense with Turner roaming the paint.

Last edited by saclare; 04-04-2023 at 03:58 PM.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote