Thread: Andre Iguodala
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #113
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

This might also just be a case of different teams waiting for the other one to give in and accept the offer on the table (in case there are tables and offers here). If it was only about saving money, we wouldn't be able to compete with an offer by the Rockets since they have McGrady's contract. If the 76ers insisted on Damp being included in a deal, we wouldn't and maybe shouldn't be in it either. However, if they wanted to save money AND get talent in return to use this and perhaps even next season, a deal including Josh and Gooden as potential contributors wouldn't be all that bad. It possibly depends on the level of desperation on the 76ers' side and, again, what offers are actually being made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I think Dallas has to get over this no to Dalembert. I mean you're trading

Howard, Carroll, Gooden, and you'd have to toss in Ross or Thomas to meet the salary requirement for Iguodala. You don't find an Iguodala on every NBDL squad and for that matter on at least 10-15 of the NBA squads. Betweem Dirk and Kidd, I'm sure we can milk 15 decent minutes from him.
Actually, if my memory serves me correctly, we wouldn't even have to include Ross or Thomas. Josh, Gooden and Carroll for Iggy and Dalembert works. And yeah, I think we would be noticeably better (at least on paper) than right now while still having the DUST chip.

Last edited by dalger; 01-21-2010 at 06:10 PM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote