Thread: Andre Iguodala
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #206
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

^He summed up my view pretty well. Martin has some risks, but I really don't love Iggy's offensive game at all. And yes, he'd get some better looks playing with Kidd, but he has some decent scoring options around him at Philly. I don't know...

It just seems like to me that we have defensive minded players, but not enough offensive minded players. Maybe the reason we aren't playing good defense recently is because we have to be playing our scorers at all times, rather than our defenders. Martin could help with that some...instead of having Dirk and two decent scorers and two "defensive players", you could have Dirk and KMart and then Damp/Marion/Kidd or some variation of that.

And with saying that, it becomes sadly obvious, again, that we have no two way players. That's why Butler and Iggy are appealing...finally two way players! However, I'm still doubting Iggy's offensive skills (specifically his 30% shooting on threes while shooting 4 a game, further weakening a weakness in 3pt shooting) and whether Butler is available. KMart, though, provides a scoring punch, provides a weak side shooter, and I really think he can alleviate just enough of that pressure and not only score, but allow JET to get better looks, and Roddy, and on down the scoring line.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote