View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
It is painfully obvious that the Grand Jury made the right call with the Brown shooting. However, I get so freaking tired of people crying racism. Get over yourself. Our country has a much bigger issue with people crying racism when it's not there than it does with actual racism. Idiots cry wolf over and over again... It makes it the more difficult to actually identify racism when it's there. The Ferguson b.s... Personally, I would have been fine with the KKK and the looters just going at it and wiping each other off the face of the planet.

And perhaps sean is right in one small area... Perhaps it is more difficult for a known criminal to receive justice. I had a brother that had a lot of difficulties with the law at times. Oddly enough, he was completely railroaded and sent to jail for something he had no business going to prison for. After several months when he finally made it to trial, the judge dismissed the case. He had been in a lot of trouble throughout his life. A police department basically decided that he hadn't served enough time for some of the trouble he had been in 15-20 years earlier.. Yes, it was very, very difficult for him to receive "justice". He no longer received the benefit of the doubt when it came to the police. He would not have received the benefit of the doubt when it came to a jury. He was white. It happens to people of all colors. You put yourself in a bad situation.. or you have a rap sheet a mile long.. guess what, you're more likely for something bad to happen to you at the hands of the law many times because they actually fear for their own safety.
Oh i think it's definitely tougher to get justice if you are a criminal which is to be expected. If you've ever had someone mess you over you know how hard it is to REALLY trust them ever again.

Once my daughter got caught shoplifting and as part of the punishment she had to go to a counseling session with a criminal justice person. I went as well.

The lady told her something I've never forgotten and i dont think she did either as she seemed to straighten up.

It was "once you actually get into the system everything changes. You no longer get the benefit of the doubt, everyone will think you are always lying and everytime something happens you will be looked into. You will do what you are told by people who will not take no for an answer"
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 12-12-2014 at 03:46 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote