View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 11:22 AM   #104
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Just depends on your expectations for this year. NO chance in hell we win a playoff series with our rebounding issues. It is just compounded in the playoffs where intensity is high and teams bear down on that glaring weakness.

John Collins or Aaron Gordon likely help us there. Even Drummond in the right matchups, although I am more skeptical given his limitations.

If we are good pushing for a 6-8 seed and aiming for free agency moves to put together a true contender, that works too. I am having a great time watching Luka grow over the season and losing bets on how KP will perform game to game.
100% agree

I mean if your content with 6th or 8th seed than sure the Mavs have exceeding your expectations and regardless of what they do in the playoffs you'll be happy.

There's nothing wrong with that way of thinking.

But if you expected a little more after last years playoffs like a jump up into the top 4 out west then obviously your going to feel like the team needs some help to reach that level of play.

I'm a die hard fan and it frustrates me seeing 1st round exits year after year.

I'm the same way with the Cowboys on paper they look like a team that should perform much better than their record year after year.

Both franchises used to be very aggressive in going after it (Championships) but sometimes both franchises do make you scratch your head because they are always telling us we love our boys in blue and the process stays in neutral not really competing for anything.

The one thing I really hate about the NBA now days is when teams tell you a talented guy can't fit their system or a certain guy doesn't fit the timeline of our younger players.

Then 2-3 years later your still at the same position all over again treading water
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote