View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 05:26 PM   #145
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I actually think the Mavs lack of activity is mainly due to money. I know Cuban is a billionaire and all, but aside from KP's contract, they always appear to me to be going the cheap route. I think that's the main reason they didn't pursue Vuc a couple of years ago.

If this isn't the reason, then they are just adrift as an organization. They lucked into Luka. Next year will be his 4th yr with the Mavs, and if they love their current roster, then Luka will probably love to leave in a couple more years. This is dispiriting to me. :-/

I'm ready for things to change, but they will continue doing what they've been doing for years. Luka will not watch years go by and remain put on a mediocre team imo.
I'm hoping he's loyal like Dirk

I know some fans say we live in a different era from when Dirk played but I'd like to think Luka is just as patient.

Having said that when I watch young teams like Chicago and Denver say hey let's go for it since we already have An All Star or All-Stars on the roster let's not wait 2 or 3 years down the road.

Denver IMO did a great job knowing they have Jokic and Murray already and tasted some playoff success they aren't settling now.

Chicago deal for Vuc came from out of nowhere and now they have two All-Stars in a weak East conference.

Mavs got MKG in last year buy out market maybe they get Porter who might provide a better experience than MKG did last year.

I just don't think they have the roster to really compete now......

Drummond is probably running straight to LA heard it might be the Clippers and the FA pool this offseason looks weak as hell.

Luka and KP are great talents but the rest of this roster would be coming off the bench for most teams so that's how far we are away.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote