View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 12:29 AM   #23
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
There's really only one cuss word that will get me everytime.... the F bomb.

On nights like last night.... man this board became a cuss haven. Well an F bomb haven anyway.

And as to ocelot's original message.... I don't differentiate between who is doing the cussing. I can tell you that it's impossible to read every single post in every single thread so you kind of get used to the ones that drink heavily during games and tend to let the effing begin when we lose. But I really don't target certain posters, that's for sure. Except for Drbio, but that's only because he's got 2 kajillion points in the railway game. Man, that Doc can cuss up a storm. (just kidding.... I don't think he ever has on this board)

And mary, well really everyone..... there are 2 main reasons that I have no tolerance for that here:
1. The community standards. If DJ changes them I will stop.
2. I am a Father of children. One of them, my 9 year old daughter, is a Mavs fan and she likes to read this board. Now, she only reads it when I am on it and she is awake but I know there are other children like her out in Internetland that aren't supervised like that. And yes, you can't protect children all the time.... but it sure is nice when you can. And to top that off (which I probably shouldn't say because I don't want to seem like I am preaching) I really don't like to read that word specifically. I get virtually stabbed in the heart every time I see it here. It's dissapointing really. But I'm not naive, I know people have different "standards" when it comes to that.

Anyway, sorry for that soap box.
U2, I also hate seeing cussing on here, and am glad you try to edit some of it.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote