View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 11:49 AM   #25
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
Can someone fill me in on Gruber's schtick/place in the world? I have a single degree of separation to this guy, watched his band play once and was appalled at his half-step flat guitar leads throughout, and then suddenly heard six months later he was getting attention on the Ticket.

I don't have time to listen much, myself.
He's not getting any more attention (at least on the air) post band than he did pre-band. He picked up the guitar a few years back and I believe that he can only play Chili Pepper songs. He's admittedly not a great guitarist (or maybe even a good one, I've never seem him play) but the band gets attention because he's on the ticket.

As far as his place, he's just a drop guy but he's very good at what he does. He's also, IMO, hilarious in his role as the beaten down troll like figure who can't get women.