View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 01:57 PM   #169
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think he very much understands what this line of thinking can lead to. He wasn't endorsing it, he wasn't even claiming it was rational. He was stating, correctly, that it exists. And he was also stating that it's different for everyone.

Whether or not it affects your sense of personal safety, you and everyone else on this board have your own personal biases and prejudices that affect how you interact with people and that shape your life as a whole. That's all he was saying.

And yes, it's very obviously a stereotype/prejudice thing, not a race thing. And it's not a big deal. The only people making an issue out of it at this point are people that didn't read/listen to the whole interview or are just trolling for attention.
I understand now what he was trying to say, but if I was an NBA owner, I wouldn't even utter the words "black kid in a hoodie" if a gun was held to my head. Most people are dumb and take perception as reality even if Cuban had other intentions.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote