View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 08:11 PM   #17
3_Ball

3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
76ers made out like bandits. To get high floor and high ceiling Zhaire Smith and an additional first rounder for Mikal (who let's be honest will likely be a Trevor Ariza clone down to the inconsistent jumper) was an absolute steal.

Seriously, this guy is two years younger than Bridges too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN_h...&frags=pl%2Cwn

I'll finally add that I believe the Nuggets will long regret the day they passed on Smith for MPJ.
I'm a guy who loves upside more than most, but let's keep things in prospective. Zhaire Smith was unranked as a High School player. That means ESPN did not have him in their top 200. Might there be a reason for that?

"High ceiling" can often times mean basement level floor. Smith has major work to do on his jump shot, his handles, and his passing. A player who needs to work on his dribbling, shooting & passing in today's NBA, wouldn't that give you at least a moment for pause? Not to mention, even if he hits his ceiling in all 3 of those areas, the kid is still undersized.

He's a special athlete, maybe the most special in the entire draft class, so I'm not knocking him, but you're sitting here ready to place him on the All-Rookie first team & that's just very premature.

Also, I think you're dead wrong about Mikal Bridges. Bridges likely won't make an All Star team, but to talk about him like some useless piece of trash at the back of a bench is wayyyyyyy off. Bridges did the things that Zhaire Smith is hoping to do. He made serious strides in all phases of his game from the time he stepped on campus at Villanova to now. I wouldn't bet against a guy with a proven track record of addressing weaknesses & improving.
3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote