View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 08:31 PM   #18
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
https://youtu.be/jjJidQGlzXo

More I see and read about Brunson the more I like him.

6’3” PG
Member of the 50/40/80 club (52/41/80)

Killer off the screen
Great on the PnR
Killer pulling up for three
Killer off the sidestep
Really strong posting guards
Willing and able to hang out in the post or keep dribbling it around the paint to discombobulate the defense (a la Nash). Just super patient and smart with it when inside.
Deceptive with his change of pace. Doesn’t have crazy speed but gets it done. Reminds me of Kidd or Rayray Felton on the drive. Just uses change of pace and mental tricks to get it done. Has a few of Barea’s moves around the rim and even showed a decent spin, but more than anything he’s big, smart, and patient.

Just a smart, efficient, fundamental player
Brunson does look like a great pick for us and I'm wondering if he will be replacing JJB or Yogi. Brunson's court vision and passing is as good as it gets so he should get plenty of PT. I can't wait to watch him in summer league.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we resign Yogi and Seth though because Rick would be more than happy to have 3 playmakers on the floor at all times to push tempo and control the offense. Remember we had DSJ, JJB, Yogi, Devin and Seth on the team last season so there would be room for all of them.

My guess is that either Yogi or Seth won't be on the team next season though. My hope is that they move Barea and resign Yogi to a team friendly contract.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-25-2018 at 08:35 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote