View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #11
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogle View Post
Very disappointed to hear this deal is worth $10M instead of the rumored $8M.

I know people will say that the Mavs are using the Early Bird exception, and it doesn't really hurt their cap flexibility. Which is true... but only for this season. Next season the Mavs still have Part II of their big free agent spending spree. Dirk, Marion, and Vince are coming off the books.

All the exceptions the Mavs are using now will eat into their available cap room next summer. I'm not against re-signing Brandan Wright with the Bird Exception... but I wish his contract was closer to the rumored $4M salary. A smaller contract would've made him a better trade asset.
Its a 1 mil difference next season. Big deal. He's earned it.