View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #44
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I'm happy to see Roddy is getting some serious love now. The kid was outstanding defensively against Jennings. At times Jennings dominated the game, but that was against JJB. JJB was really trying hard and you have to give him credit for that, but Jennings speed and length were just too much for him. On the other hand, BJ only scored 2 of his 25 points against Roddy....that is an incredible statistic. And in the clutch when it counted, Robo stepped up and shut Jennings down all through OT and in the last possession with the block.

Roddy still isn't as polished off the ball on offense as JJB, but that will come in time. Anyone else see him make that beautiful off the ball cut to the basket for the easy lay up? I think it was in the 3rd. That's the first time I've seen him make a cut like that all season which shows me he is working on improving all aspects of his game, including his iq. We can expect to see more and more of that as the season progresses.

Someone else said it and I'll say it again, this kid is LEGIT. He deserves more minutes, hands down, and after that defensive effort he gave Carlisle, I don't have any doubts he'll get them.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote