Thread: Kyle Lowry
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #12
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Wow. Some people are never going to let go of that 40 point game, are they? Roddy is not an NBA caliber player. He's actually regressed in almost every way since his rookie season.

Yeah, Calderon is a better fit with the starting lineup and is immeasurably better as a starter than he is when coming off the bench. It's just Toronto managing their assets. Calderon would be starting here over any of our point guards too. It doesn't mean Lowry isn't better than them too.
You neglected to highlight the pertinent part of my post. Toronto isnt going to just give Lowry away. They'll ask for a 1st(the pick they gave up is most likely going to be top 7 for OKC :O) and a young piece or two most likely. In that case, for that price, give me Darren and Roddy all day. And i like Lowry!

Also you're guilty of using flagrant hyperbole by suggesting Roddy isnt an NBA caliber player. Garrett Temple, Shelvin Mack, Donald Sloan, Darius Morris, mike james! There are far worse backup pg's out there right now.

There are some really good posters around here, yourself included, that have this irrational dislike for Roddy that really just baffles me. Almost as if you want him to fail. Personally, i think he's had some bad luck injury-wise and he's been mismanaged to a certain extent by the coaching staff but he still could turn out to be a really valuable rotation guy for some team at some point.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote