View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 11:46 AM   #43
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post

Wes is also an overrated defender. On the ball he's pretty damn good. But he gets caught ball watching and gives up open 3's and backdoors(hes sometimes overly aggresive and thus easy to backdoor)on the regular. Devin is also guilty of this. Getting sucked in to "help" on defense when it's not necessary or even your job. I'm repeating myself here but I think it's necessary to provide a corrective to the false narrative of Wes as some great defender. Hes a better than average defender, no doubt. His flaws have little if anything to do with his injury but are more mental mistakes. And I'm sure were evident in Portland too we just didn't see them often enough to notice.
Agree here on all counts. Help when helping not needed, especially back doors. Hes GREAT one on one. With that said, I do believe his injury mitigates his quickness, something he relied on pre injury to recover to his defender. Now we see him get burned on those more often.