View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 04:33 PM   #61
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Surprise.....Civil suit filed against Kobe.....

Quote:
Originally posted by: binbin
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB1st of all rape is not about the sex, it's about the power.
lrb, is that a verified scientific fact, proposed academic hypothesis, or a social/political conjecture?

Quote:
Studies also show that it almost never happens that a woman falsely accuses a man of rape.
would you please provide some academic reference about that, if it is convenient for you?

thanks.
binbin rape being about power versus sex is a fairly well established and documented conclusion by profilers, people who study the pyschology of rapists. Information gathered from case studies and interviews with convicted rapists. It also makes since. Most people can buy sex, prostitutes or just use their hand.

As far as the figures on false accusations on rape, my come from watching documentaries on Court TV and the Discovery channel as well as experts on network and cable news. I've also had conversations with former DA's, law enforcement officers, and court psychologists. While there is not complete agreement among the experts, the vast majority place it at a very low number.

I'm booked up without time to do a lot of research until at lest the weekend, but a Google search on Rape and false accusations would probably be a good start. The FBI web site might also have some reports, www.fbi.gov.