View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #221
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
hah. When was the last time you apologized for something you did with, "I helped contribute ratcheting it up," and "I could've calibrated those words differently." Taking only part of the blame for something you did means you are trying to divert blame elsewhere.

http://www.considerthisnews.com/inde...remark_dustup/

If you are the President of the US, how can you pretend that telling the world that someone acted stupidly only "gives an impression" that you are maligning that person?
ok, so bottom line is there in no quote from the president blaming the media for the cambridge flap. thanks for clearing that up.

as for obama's remarks, he clearly expressed regret for his choice of words, and has subsequently worked to have gates and the police dept work in a way to use the episode as a learning tool, with gates no longer talking about a lawsuit but rather a visit to the white houe to have a meeting (and a beer) with the officer.

that's as good an example of not focusing on blame but on the contrary taking charge and turning a negative into a positive.

somehow I'm expecting these same pundits who incorrectly accused obama to not write in support of these admirable acts...
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote