View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #34
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post

So you are going to say that Women's suffrage was won without the gun- I agree, but not with what I said, which was MEN gave them this right.

I also said that they could have won this right with the gun, but I did not say that they did get this right with the gun.
I could sort of humor your rhetoric until you get to the point where you say men 'gave' women the right to vote. It sure sounds like you're kind of man-glossing over 70+ years of suffrage history in the U.S. alone, where women organized politically and fought politically--yes, all without the right to vote. But men didn't 'give' women anything, nor would they have if the women hadn't organized and applied political pressure. I wonder how many husbands were denied their 'husbandly prerogative' before they understood that women were serious about being treated equally. (Pudenda > Pistol. )

Beyond that, though, you seem to be conflating wildly disparate concepts-- what can be achieved via political power and organization, versus what can be taken by violent means, versus a person's right/ability to defend him/herself-- into some sort of male supremacist screed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
You see a gun in the hands of my wife make her more powerful than any man until the bullets run out. That is my point. Would you like to find out?
And then you end up challenging me to fight your wife in order to prove your point?

You sure sound like a keeper, man.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 04-07-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote