View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 04:12 AM   #102
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

When we got TC I felt we had a chance under the right conditions. He was the critical piece. When they played well during the season I realized how good this team was. It was the perfect blend that had the capability to beat anyone. Even when Dirk got injured I still thought they had plenty of time to get it together. I did think we needed Roddy to come around to provide penetration but JJB filled that role. I got a little worried as the team continued to struggle and everyone was bailing on the dream. But then it occured to me that to many things were coming together to be only a coincidence.

1. The Heat were beginning to play well and they looked like they might possibly win out in the east. 2. we were reminded that the Mavs had never faced the Lakers in the playoffs since 88 and when that last happened I just knew that they would beat them the next time they met. ( of course I expected it would be the next year) Here were two opportunitys that appeared to be coming together to fullfill unfinished business in the same year. 3. And the last and clincher was that in the last few years the mavs began to play their best ball to end the season. They worked their way up in the seedings towards the end of the shedule, but then it would turn out to be fools gold as they ended up disappointing in the playoffs. While the Lakers dropped games and seedings at the end of the season but turned it on during the playoffs and won it all. I believe I even posted as such. We are losing and dropping games so why couldn't we pick it up for the playoffs. It was just the opposite of past years. They were just resting up and saving the intensity for the playoffs.

All the pieces were coming together for a reverse 4-2 series win against the Heat. When they beat the Lakers and the Heat beat the Celtics I just knew what the outcome was going to be. The feeling that the mavs were the team of destiny was playing itself out like a steamroller that the farther it moved the more imposible it was to stop. By the time they faced the Heat it was already forgone conclusion.

But I was not about to jinks it by posting all that before it actually happened I had just posted #3. I have a funny feeling that the players knew it too. They had to believe for it to happen. They were like the Lakers of past years who knew they had an extra gear they could hold in reserve when they needed it as evidenced by their fourth quarter come backs thoughout the playoffs. They were not going to be denied or beat this year.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote