View Single Post
Old 07-10-2023, 09:18 PM   #55
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Hardy is a hot and cold player, and I don't really see that changing. But when that kid is hot, then nothing can stop him. I'll take that all day, every single day..
Yeah he's definitely streaky. But also keep in mind he's having to play PG on this summer league team. So between having to be the main facilitator as well as the main scorer AND having all the defense geared toward him because he's by far the best offensive player on the floor, it's no wonder his shooting percentages haven't been great so far.

But he keeps his cool, and just plays through the rough patches. It won't show up in the box score, but he led the double digit comeback. He started getting to the free throw line when the shot wasn't falling, and made the right pass on a couple of big, momentum-changing plays.

I'm really excited to see him this season now that he's had a year of NBA experience under his belt, and playing off of two of the best offensive players in the league so he doesn't ever have to worry about carrying the offense by himself.

Also- This was the first time I've watched either Lively or Omax play outside of youtube highlights, and I really like what I saw from both guys. Lively is definitely raw and is going to be a long term project, but the potential to be a defensive stalwart is definitely there. He's got all the physical tools and seems to have good instincts too.

I didn't get to watch Omax very closely, but damn, that dude is BIG. He is a very physically imposing wing. I could easily see him being a lockdown defender once he gets his feet wet.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote