View Single Post
Old 09-07-2003, 11:49 PM   #119
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Cowboys vs. Atlanta Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
gloated somewhat? That is like saying the Pope is somewhat catholic.

Come on FFM....your point is valid, but it's not really the same. This guy showed up at a basketball board only after a lot of Qspare bashing. That bashing was well deserved based on results. Noone can post stats on Qspare that show him to be a good quarterback. The Cowboys fan base INSISTS on results and Carter has not performed up to Cowboy fan standards. Fair or not, that is the way it is. Carter has shown he is not consistent. Fans demand results. The criticism is not confined to this board. Go read the dallasnews.com Cowboy forum. They are being much more brutal than we are. It's time for the Cowboys to admit we have zero good quarterbacks on the roster. it's time to get a guy in here that can play. Neither hutch nor carter are that guy and I have no idea if Romo can develop.
I can't disagree with anything here. I have no stats to back up Carter being a good qb. However I can say he has played 16 games. Now thats no excuse for Carter. To be honest I can't really even say when is the time for a qb to develop. It takes some a season and it takes some a couple of seasons (Aikman). I believe Bill will make Carter a much better qb when its all said and done its just going to take time. I think Bill knows what it takes to make a good qb. For us Quincy fans I think we have to take inconsideration that Bill has never been brought into a situation and kept that same qb that was already on that team. That alone doesn't look good for Carter but I got faith in the guy. I'm not going to say he is the next Mike Vick but i'm going to take it a step at a time. His line doesn't look that bad but you can thank the recievers for that. He threw some nice balls out there today and threw some bad ones. I need more time to evaluate Carter. Give him the season and hopefully he has shown something.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote