View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 12:16 AM   #610
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Cowboys offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
I missed it.

How did ware look?... and the other rookies?

Sounds like Bledsoe moved the ball well, but was it against the 1st or 2nd string texans def?

somebody fill me in.
Ware looked very much like a rookie. Be patient with him.

Spears didn't play.

Burnett appeared quite ready to play in a backup role.

Barber was out with injury.

Canty I didn't see much of in this game, but rest assured that he will contribute much this year.

Beriault was out with a knee. But don't worry about him. He'll play on special teams and probably in the dime package.

Petitti played very well, I thought. He was rolled up on on one play, but stayed in the game. I'm sure earning points with the coaching staff in the process. He starts on opening day.

Ratliff was very pleasing for a seventh-rounder. He made at least one nice play on defense, not to mention contributing on offense in the goal-line package. He makes the team, too.

Thompson was Thompson. Wild horses couldn't keep him off this team.

I don't know how they did it, but I think the Cowboys made a draft this year that will boost them for years to come. I think they found a starter on the offensive line and four rotation players in the front seven, including a tremendous playmaker. This is the kind of draft that puts teams squarely in contention, sooner rather than later.

Did Keith Davis own up to the starting free safety job tonight? He hit like a ton.

It was nice to see Terry Glenn get into the game plan a little bit. Watch him, my friends. When the season gets underway, he's going to make some big plays.

Terrence Newman is ready to step into the Pro Bowl. Only now are we realizing how hindered he was last year by the other side of the field. The guy is proving upon the promise he showed out of college.

I could do without Quincy Morgan. Patrick Crayton, on the other hand? God bless Patrick Crayton.

I don't mean to oversell Tony Romo--really, I don't--but I think he starts for someone before his career is out. I kinda hope it's Dallas. I wonder if he's got a ceiling at all. The guy is so far ahead of Henson, it's not even funny.

I guess we keep Henson for third string, and Vinny keeps his tee time for tomorrow morning. But I don't think the kid is going anywhere. It might not be such a good idea to leave football for so many years at such a young age.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote