View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 05:02 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
Sorry. With all due respect. Any idea to trade Luka is dumb. He is a once in a lifetime talent.
I may actually defend Amare this time-- what the hell am I thinking?

This team as it is built isn't going anywhere. What happens if we roll into next season with another McGee (MLA guy who doesn't play) instead of Wood? Luka walks anyway. Kyrie either leaves or becomes our Beal. That 2029 pick looks REALLY scrummy for the Nets. Mavs have terrible talent and no future.

Trading Luka or Kyrie (or potentially both) is probably a smart call, because Luka's defense and inability to play with the team he has are real issues.

options
1) Trade Luka for a shit ton of good role players and picks. Think Randle/Robinson or Turner/Nesmith + picks. With Kyrie leading and Green/Hardy taking bigger roles, we could be really good

2) SnT Kyrie for some similar pieces (although SnT for Kyrie probably nets you less)

3) Trade both of them. Go hard on the young guys. Name Hardy and Green as the back-court starters for the near future and get some young talent at 3-5 to support them along with some nice picks.

4) Play this shit roster with this shit coach and go nowhere.

I personally would go with anything but 4.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-31-2023 at 05:05 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote