View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 10:04 PM   #7
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I may actually defend Amare this time-- what the hell am I thinking?

This team as it is built isn't going anywhere. What happens if we roll into next season with another McGee (MLA guy who doesn't play) instead of Wood? Luka walks anyway. Kyrie either leaves or becomes our Beal. That 2029 pick looks REALLY scrummy for the Nets. Mavs have terrible talent and no future.

Trading Luka or Kyrie (or potentially both) is probably a smart call, because Luka's defense and inability to play with the team he has are real issues.

options
1) Trade Luka for a shit ton of good role players and picks. Think Randle/Robinson or Turner/Nesmith + picks. With Kyrie leading and Green/Hardy taking bigger roles, we could be really good

2) SnT Kyrie for some similar pieces (although SnT for Kyrie probably nets you less)

3) Trade both of them. Go hard on the young guys. Name Hardy and Green as the back-court starters for the near future and get some young talent at 3-5 to support them along with some nice picks.

4) Play this shit roster with this shit coach and go nowhere.

I personally would go with anything but 4.
I have an idea. If they trade Luka it will because of the stupid owner that should be the one taking the heat so a better idea is for the whole Mavs fan base to tell Cuban to F off and lets all go follow other teams. I hope Luka goes elsewhere and wins MVPs, titles etc and the Mavs wallow in lottery land for a decade or more. F Cuban
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote