View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 05:50 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Watch out interns....here comes Howard Dean

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
Judith Dean has a career that is seperate from her husband's. She does a lot of good in her profession.

Don't you know couples who do similar? I know a husband who lives in Austin all week working as a lobbyist, another who works as a CFO for a company HQ'd elsewhere, Both are gone Mon thru Thurs.

How nice to see that some people believe fidelity only exists if one's partner is around to reinforce it. Funny thing tho, those who don't want to follow through on their vows won't do so no matter where their spouse is. Those who will remain true will do so regardless of who is watching.

I do know one couple who has done it where the person commutes, but no I've never met a couple who took up permanent residence from each other, nor does that reflect your example although it's close.

I'm not putting him down perse, I just don't understand it. I have known people who have gone ahead of their spouse for reasons of necessity but the spouse always planned to meet up with them.

As far as your snide comment about how I feel about "fidelity" I'll assume you are talking to another poster since that is not my point.

The other question was about the casually thrown out statement of the "growing ranks" of this type of marriage. Some backup on that one would be interesting and I was curious if anyone knew it or was this just another case of a news article editorializing to show acceptance?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote