View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 11:07 AM   #24
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Did anybody else see that???

I believe the first motion he made was to signal no catch with his right hand, was it not?

They finally are showing replays that clearly indicate the ball bounced. I'm amazed at the ability these umps have to get those calls correct, when they are THAT close.

Now that I've watched it and thought about it some more, not only was Jason Paul bone-headed but the pitcher really was too. He had time to go get the ball and still throw Paul out at first. At least Paul didn't know the guy was running when he fucked up his part of it. But it was all right there in front of the pitcher's eyes. If he has a little wits about him, this controversy never happens.

It's not uncommon to see baseball players make "just in case" kind of plays. Even if the Angels thought they were safely out of the inning anyway, they ought to have done something about that player scampering on down the first baseline.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote