View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 11:22 PM   #85
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
BTW, after reading about it on LSB and hearing Grieve mention it in game action, I think Napolli being the backup catcher actually increases my odds of winning the bet with Dan. Take a night like tonight: Moreland is going to sit, and Napoli is going to play against a lefty (always, I hope). If Napoli was the third catcher, maybe Wash plays Mike at 1B and Napoli at DH to get Mike some time in the field.

But since he's the back up catcher, Napoli's pretty much never going to DH.

Now, I personally think Napoli was pretty much always going to take precedent over Mike at 1B, hence why I made the bet, but this seems to help cement it.
There, I fixed it. And yes, as it appears, you (or should I say so many others that first pointed it out) might be right. 5 games in and 1 game played at 1B. I said 25% of the time and it is currently 20%. The Treanor trade likely makes it troubling at best for Young's numbers to be correct; however, I still think minus that trade I would have been right. Still might end up being right, but if not it isn't because I wasn't right at the time (gotta love those no lose situations).