View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 02:37 PM   #79
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post

..And I'm not so sure teams are beating down our door for Wes. I think we'd take back another crap contract or two in return. It'd be a glorified salary dump w/ a minor asset attached.
Agree. Mavs are stuck with the players they signed. Either they are good values, and hence should keep them, or bad values, and hence have little to offer in a trade. Matthews is in the latter category.
Quote:
Seriously though, why should Dirk&CP take a cut? The incompetence of Cuban got them in this predicament- few assets and a touch of cap mismanagement.
I'm not thinking he will. He is already significantly underpaid, and if what they are going to do with the money is OVERpay others...why do it.

I think he opted out so that he's off the books, and Mavs can sign him back with Bird rights to any salary they want, AFTER picking up free agents. That frees up a lot more $$ than just signing to a lower salary, AND doesn't force him to take a lower salary.

Quote:
Wes is also an overrated defender. On the ball he's pretty damn good. But he gets caught ball watching and gives up open 3's and backdoors(hes sometimes overly aggresive and thus easy to backdoor)on the regular. Devin is also guilty of this.
Yep. What the Mavs really need is not a Dirk replacement (would be nice, but hard to find and then get), they need a Shawn Marion replacement...or even a Deshawn Stevenson replacement. As well as the oft mentioned Tyson Chandler replacement...someone who blocks shots and rebounds. That one is also hard to find, and get. Mavs have had luck at bargain C's, like Dejuan Blair, that they really miss now.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote