Thread: Golf in 2010
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
What is going on at the Masters Tournament ? There are so many guys missing.

I miss Davis Love III, Colin Montgomery, Olazabal, Vijai Singh...Nick Faldo and many US Players
Davis's tour eligibility has run out, I'm afraid. He is desperately trying to play his way into tournaments. Basically, he's done.

Monty aged too quickly, it would seem. His run as "best player never to win a major" dragged out for a while, but I think it's gone now. He'll be there at St Andrews, I'm sure, but his star is certainly fading.

Vijay is still playing, but he's no more a threat than he ever was.

Olazabal is not carrying the torch for his country anymore. Sergio and Camillo are doing that. But the Spaniards in general are not creating the furor they used to. (God bless Seve.)

Faldo is well into his second career, golf broadcaster. And doing a hell of a job at it, at that.

This Masters has been as good as it gets, so far. The old guys are still going strong, the Brits are showing their mettle, and Phil is now leading the American charge (ABT...Anyone But Tiger). Great tourney!!

Last edited by chumdawg; 04-10-2010 at 06:39 PM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote