View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 11:40 AM   #77
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post

No, the point was that they downgraded the talent on the roster with the Barnes <-> Jackson trade (Fantasy Per 36 numbers, be damned.) The anticipation (among fans, at least) was that they'd make a significant acquisition in free agency. The results, Wright, Boban, Curry, were more afterthought piecemeal patches than 'significant', and for almost equal money (~$24M).
*shrug* Dunno what to tell ya. I think you are about the only one who thinks we lost much talent with Barnes. I don't think Barnes has that much talent or that we're noticeably less talented with Barnes than with Jackson/Wright. Talent does win out in the NBA. But Barnes isn't that talented, so I'm not concerned about the loss of his talent.

Quote:
Jackson, Wright, Boban, Curry all offer some journeyman skills, but none of them look to be legit starters, and none of them will play at the level of a player like Barnes.
Seriously, are we actually talking about the same person? Because "some journeyman skills" and "not a legit starter" is pretty much how I think of Barnes. He'd be a nice sixth man. When you say that none of them will "play at the level of a player like Barnes," the rest of us are sitting here scratching our heads thinking, "... that guy?" Seriously, "the level of a player like Barnes???"
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote