Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 11:42 AM   #38
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Anytime someone mentions Boban half the boards frown upon it.

But IMO that move made more sense in the 3rd Qtr of game 2 when you literally couldn't score a single bucket from outside.

Boban would have allowed you to throw the ball in post and score on the Small Warriors easily or draw a foul.

But the real reason why you go with Boban is because Dwight Powell for all the non-sense about him an energy guy and able to switch on defense hasn't provided any of that shit in 3 playoff series now.

Boban gets this unfair criticism about not being able to play long stretches without wearing down. But go back and watch that Clippers series last year he proved to dismiss that theory partly because the Mavs actually used a combination of zone defense doing his 10-12 minutes on the floor each game.

Luka and JJB could honestly save their legs a little if they had someone to actually throw the ball into the post to that score inside a little bit. I also think Boban's size would allow the Mavs to grab more offensive rebounds if not anything else.

I just don't understand the logic of living and dying with Powell as your starting center. I don't care if he's only getting 8-10 minutes per game that is still 8-10 minutes of unproductive play at center and it's 8-10 minutes of poor rebounding and defense in the paint that your automatically giving to the Warriors because you feel like this dude deserves loyalty.

At the end of the day Boban gives you offense and rebounding that Powell doesn't provide and the defense is a wash IMO because Powell is a traffic cone defender.
I used to beat the drum for Boban to get minutes regularly. You can't coach size, and he presents a unique set of issues which teams have to adjust to, but there is always resistance.

I've never understood how the call to play Boban somehow means playing him starter minutes. LOL. 10-12 minutes of Boban in a zone is a nice change of pace with some options for inside scoring while slowing the pace down. People who think he's worse defensively than Powell must not be watching the same games I do.

Yes, if the coach insists in true RC fashion for Boban to play man and chase shooters out to the 3-pt line, then he's going to look worse than he should. As if intentionally exposing a player isn't at least partially on the coach. The next retort that usually follows is that we wouldn't win anyway even if we played Boban. It's as if one single adjustment is not worth implementing if it involves Boban unless it guarantees an NBA title. Heh

Last edited by turin; 05-24-2022 at 11:48 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote