View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #141
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
There was more than one problem last year, that is for sure. To pinpoint it all down to not having a second fiddle is ridiculous.
I don't think so. I think the Mavs have basically all the pieces you need except a second star (which is a big deal, obviously).

And I find it hard to believe that anyone could be the slightest bit reserved on how good this team would be if they added Chris Paul at the cost of nothing of any consequence other than Butler and Roddy.

Not to mention the fact that Okafor would be a better backup center than Chandler and Posey would have a role on this team (although somewhat duplicated by Marion).

It's all moot because it's not going to happen, but if we somehow swung a trade for Paul, Okafor, and Posey my excitement level would be on the same level as if we had acquired Wade, and only slightly less than it would have been for Lebron.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote