Thread: Rasheed Wallace
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2004, 04:37 PM   #111
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Rasheed Wallace

Apewhatismad,

If four players arent doing their thing defensively, are you saying that the one who is will make the team better? Nope! If three guys are missing assignments, are the two that arent going to make you better? Nope! If two guys are missing assignments, are the three that arent going to make you better? Nope! If one guy is missing an assignment, are the four that arent going to make you better? Nope!

My point is, if one consistent player, or one player per trip down the court is missing an assingment or messing up somehow defensively, that is all that it takes to take TEAM defense downhill...

Regarding your statement about him not helping portland but supposedly being able to help us........ I will just say he cant do any worse than Jamison is doing!!! I love Jamison on the Mavs, and I wish there was a way he could stay... BUT, he defense is atrocious, and for you to make defensive comments about Wallace when the player likely to get traded to Portland is our WORST, (and I do mean W-O-R-S-T), defender, I think you need to rethink things!!! Regarding us needing a physical presence... Guess what, HE IS BEING TRADED AGAIN FOR JAMISON... He is taller than him, can d it up better than him, and has a better overall game. He blocks shots better than anyone we have next to Bradley!

No he is NOT going to d it up GREAT against the Shaq's of the world, but who will... He is not being brought in to be our center... If you still want center help, trade Walker for that or one of our bench players... Or just let Dirk and Bradley to continue in that role... He is simply an upgrade defensively while being as good/better offensively... You cant deny that at all... Regarding ANOTHER SKINNY SMALL FORWARD??? 6'11 is plenty tall enough and I would think they dont get much better than the QUITE GIFTED POWER FORWARD GARNETT... Wallace ALWAYS guards Duncan and Garnett, and has still found a way to be known as the defensive presence he is...

Look, if you dont like the guy, just say that... But you arent going to get anywhere with me making an argument on how he cant help us defensively... A good defensive player can help a team by at least d'ing up his man... It is really that simple!