Thread: Mavs at Bulls
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2022, 06:18 PM   #52
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I agree with a lot of this. Wood is not *the* answer. It's not crystal clear that he wouldn't have helped our record a lot more if we had tried him in the SLU and more mins early on but it is what it is at this point. Team FTs would have also helped our record fwiw.

That said, I'm more clear that Dfs,Maxi, dp, Bullock, Thj are 100% one trick ponies. Many nights they don't even have 1 trick. Setting picks are cool but who gives a shit when that's about all you get? Seriously, picks/screens is the most meh thing to defend these guys, who have been bouncing off their ceiling for a cpl years now.

I agree with trading him because it's not going to work for a handful of reasons. We just dont have anything else that teams want.
Oh yea, def didn't mean that to say they aren't one-trick guys. Wood excels on offense, but I guess my point is that he holds value now and if we were to extend him, we would have yet another one-dimensional player to go with that group. I feel he has more value to other teams than to the current Mavs and we will see if Nico and Co. can find it.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote