View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Pretty shocking redaction by EL above. All I said was that the comment reflected a dire lack of understanding of either politics or people.

What kind of shop is being run here these days?
Pretty shocking?

You didn't say the argument lacked understanding. Instead of posting an actual argument, you told another poster that they were clueless.

If you want to post on a forum that allows personal attacks against other posters then perhaps this isn't the place. I'd also advise that you not fill every thread with attacks on DM.com and DM.com mods. If you have issues, create a thread and bring it up in the DM.com section. Perhaps you can find an agreeable ear there. Calling other people stupid and the mods draconian in the wrong section will not make you many friends and personal insults will be edited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I'll repeat my comment here:

To thiggy: "I don't think you understand politics. Or people."

If you think that's an attack, then you need to get on over to the kiddy pool, where no one discusses serious things. And get out of this forum.
If you honestly think that telling people that they are dumb is a reasonable argument, then I'd advise you move on. Do not take past failures to moderate as unspoken support for posters that make arguments personal, whether here or in the sports-related sections.

Please take a moment to re-read the community standards found here. http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/faq.ph...q_new_faq_item It's the same thing you agreed with when you first signed up years ago. I'll point you to two particularly applicable community standards:

Quote:
We’re a community with quality standards and we expect our members to make a sincere effort to contribute their thoughts on interesting subjects in a meaningful and respectful manner. Posting messages and otherwise interacting on Dallas-Mavs.com is completely optional; many members often prefer to just read what others have to say. But if you do post, we expect that you’ll be respectful of the time of others by posting meaningfully.
Quote:
Even though we realize that...discussions can get intense, we have zero tolerance for taking an argument... to a personal level

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-06-2014 at 05:51 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote