View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 11:13 AM   #20
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Mark Cuban predicts stock market "correction" (i.e. "crash") if Trump elected; suggests Trump as POTUS would be out of his intellectual depth.

Quote:
Mark Cuban: Trump as President Could Wreak Havoc on Wall Street

Mark Cuban is rich, outspoken and hosts a reality show -- all commonalities with Donald Trump. But he told CNN on Monday that if the election were held today, he'd probably vote for Hillary Clinton.

Speaking to Erin Burnett, Cuban, the owner of the Dallas Mavericks, was critical of Trump for not investing the time to do a "deep dive" and understand the issues.

In fact, he says that Trump presents a problem for Wall Street, in that it likes certainty and not shifting positions.

"When you have that amount of uncertainty, when there's, you know, flip-flopping, when you're not sure what the candidate is going to say from one thing to another, that uncertainty, you know, potentially as president of the United States, that's the last thing Wall Street wants to hear," he says. "And I can say with 100% certainty that there's a really good chance we could see a huge, huge, correction. Even today, there was an article on Reuters that said that Carl Icahn, supposedly someone who's supporting Donald and is mentoring him, in economics and finance, has taken a huge, 150% short position."

"That's not a good thing. That's horrific."

Cuban praised Trump last summer, saying that he had "changed the game" with his unconventional campaign.

"Look, I like Donald," Cuban said. "And I think he's done a lot of great things. When it comes to real estate, I'll defer to him every time. But to be president of the United States, you have to make an investment. You have to be committed to always learning. In business, to be a great CEO, to be a great investor, to be a great entrepreneur ... you have to have a commitment to learning. You have to have a commitment to always finding out what's next. Donald just hasn't done that."

"You know, where Donald has come from to today, you would think that he'd be more [knowledgeable] on the issues — that we would look at what he's had to say and say you know what, he's really picked up some in-depth knowledge, he's nuanced on different topics, whether it's immigration, whether it's the jobs plan, whether it's the economy, whatever it may be," he said. "But that just hasn't happened. And to me, that's a problem."

Cuban said it's clear Trump "hasn't invested the time" to gain a deeper understanding of the challenges facing the country. Trump, he opined, is "probably not as smart as he thinks he is."

Cuban's support for Clinton was hardly enthusiastic. He said that "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know."
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote