View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 09:34 PM   #17
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
It's always been very confusing to me that a few people here or anywhere seem to ultimately think that Drummond would somehow get in KP's way. Like we are going to lose out on so much all around game and turn KP into a perimeter player. He already does that to himself. The 2 potential things that counter any negativity on that duo is, if Drummond passes out of the post threat, then KP ends up with better looks from perimeter, instead of the half court heaves. Also, the rebounding. Rebounding helps I hear.
Yep that was my reasoning (Rebounding).

I'm not debating if KP is better than AD we all know he's not a better player.

I'm debating how come the Lakers don't feel Drummond would get in AD's way on the floor and yet the Mavs feel Drummond would hinder KP.

AD and KP have matching styles of play on offense where they are both stretch big's allowing Drummond freedom inside the paint. AD is a better post player than KP by far but if you had Drummond in Dallas doesn't that limit the amount of post up's you give KP especially since Rick said the Post up shot is not a good shot for KP?

I don't think Drummond would cause issues, I think that is just a crop of an excuse some fans will give because Drummond has never had issues in the locker room or with teammates.

Dude could eat up 24 MPG here and still be effective for this team simply because of his rebounding. Imagine how many limited 2nd chance points the Mavs would all of sudden hold teams to with Drummond clearing the boards.

How quickly Mavs fans forget how much Rudy Gobert and Emid, Kanter and Jokic destroyed this team inside because we can't keep them off the glass and we don't any bigs on the roster strong enough to match their strength inside.

For all the knock on Kanter about his lack of defense and limited range on offense for some reason dude is always balling out for Portland inside the paint. He basically bullied the Mavs and laughed at DFS the last game trying to get physical with him inside.

But hey maybe they trade for Kevin Love to fix the rebounding issues that has been the hot rumor lately.

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-09-2021 at 09:36 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote