View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 10:09 AM   #30
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I am wondering if the Mavs should explore a trade with OKC and Al Horford. Horford has a contract through the 2022-2023 season for around $27M per year. OKC has recently been giving significant playing time to Moses Brown, Isiah Roby, and Mike Muscala at the 5 and that might signal the future for the Thunder. OKC might be a team that would be willing to take on the smaller contract of Dwight Powell along with JJ and perhaps one of the young rookies, likely Tyrell Terry. I like this idea because Horford + KP would be a great combination that may or may not spend much time playing together, but rather would allow both to have the rest they seem to need (e.g. back-to-back games). Also, those games when KP's shot is not falling, the Mavs would have a back-up that could do some of those same things (shoot the 3; rebound; play adequate defense). Horford also gives the Mavs a big body that would come in handy against teams with more physical line-ups and a veteran presence that could help KP elevate his game. Why would OKC do this? Other than the salary dump and the potential of a young rookie like Terry, I am not sure they would. Perhaps you bring in a third team interested in THJ that could add some draft picks to OKC.